Emerson’s Branson Ultrasonic Assembly System
Emerson introduced a new addition to the Branson 2000Xc series of Ultrasonic Assembly Systems. The new Branson 2000Xc 40kHz Micro Actuator combines a small physical size, precise and consistent high-quality welds, and the process control needs of today’s manufacturing environment. The actuator’s narrow width (70mm) and low height (660mm) optimizes the 2000Xc 40kHz welding system for space limited and compact welding applications.
The 2000Xc locks in the welding process with fully electronic welder settings, hierarchical password protection, and Ethernet connectivity access. The system offers secure process controls and detailed weld data to meet the global compliance, traceability and security needs of today’s medical, automotive, business and consumer electronics markets. The security feature helps to ensure compliance with medical manufacturing regulations, including FDA 21 CFR part11.
The Branson 2000Xc Micro Actuator can be integrated in automation systems or used as a stand-alone complete system in an assembly cell.
Key features on the new system:
- Compact actuator envelope - 70mm width and 660mm height.
- The capability to weld by time, energy, peak power, ground detect, collapse, or absolute
- Electronic programmable weld pressure, hold pressure, and down speed
- Process change audit trail
- Four levels of assignable password hierarchy
- No operator accessible controls – ensuring validated processes remain unchanged
- Total Ethernet access via web services
- USB barcode for recording part Unique Device Identification
- Storage for 100,000 weld result histories and 1,000 weld presets
- Full VGA touch screen
- 40kHz ultrasonic frequency at 800W output power
The flexibility and range of all Branson welding systems allows you to select components and create the assembly system that meets your needs, matching system features to your application requirements. Branson provides detailed information and guidelines for optimal use of their welding equipment for customers and interested persons.