SIA Engineering Company and Stratasys to Form Additive Manufacturing Joint Venture
SINGAPORE — SIA Engineering Company Limited and Stratasys Ltd. signed a joint venture agreement to establish an additive manufacturing service center to provide 3D printed parts for use in commercial aviation.
Under the agreement, SIAEC will have a 60% equity stake in the joint venture, with Stratasys holding the remaining 40%.
This Singapore-based additive manufacturing joint venture will offer design, engineering, certification support and part production to customers worldwide including airlines, maintenance, repair and overhaul (“MRO”) providers and original equipment manufacturers (“OEMs”). This joint venture will leverage on additive manufacturing technology to produce plastic aircraft cabin interior parts as well as tooling for MRO providers.
“With increasing adoption of additive manufacturing technology in the aerospace industry, this joint venture will be able to access growing demand for additive manufacturing services. We look forward to partner with Stratasys to provide our customers with new service offerings as we continue to enhance our suite of MRO services,” said Mr Png Kim Chiang, chief executive officer of SIAEC.
Ilan Levin, CEO of Stratasys, said, “We are excited to be working with such an innovative and ambitious partner. By drawing on industry knowledge at SIAEC, we have tremendous opportunity to deliver unique solutions in this high requirement and highly regulated segment. The joint venture will benefit from Stratasys’ near 30 years of additive technology, materials and application development, enabling it to stay at the forefront of its product offerings.”
For more information, visit stratasys.com.