With the introduction of the new Luxaire® residential touch-screen thermostat from Johnson Controls, contractors now have a complete Luxaire home comfort system to offer homeowners. Engineered and designed to ensure system fit and integration with Luxaire products, the thermostat is also compatible with any conventionally wired heating, ventilation and air-conditioning (HVAC) system.
In addition to its versatility, the thermostat features short-range wireless connectivity or near field communication and a dedicated distributor app, available on Android-equipped devices, which allow contractors to preconfigure settings before arriving at a residence and provide ongoing remote support.
The thermostat also connects homeowners to their HVAC system via their smartphones, tablets of computers by downloading Luxaire’s Thermostat 280 app and accessing their systems through Wi-Fi®, 3G or 4G. If connectivity is lost or the temperature in the home exceeds pre-set limits, a push notification is sent to the homeowner’s mobile device. The system also receives software updates automatically via over-the-air updates, when connected to Wi-Fi. Additional features of the new thermostat include:
- Easy-to-read, program and service patent-pending hexagon interface
- Real-time notifications and alerts
- Quick heat and cool feature for short-term, high-capacity heating or cooling to reach set points more quickly
- Pre-set modes that offer quick access to alternate settings
- Proximity sensor that detects motion from one to six feet away.